"There is No Honor In this Shit." (Watch entire below videoclip to end; Related content throughout links & bulletin boards/tabs via this OTRP site(see left menu ) & also here)
The Relevant Quote-->: "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free and unless others are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all." ― M. Savio (UC Berkeley; Dec. 2, 1964). Savio quote videoclip (1 min 48 sec; click here).
(1) *CLICK HERE FOR 2012 OCCUPY-WELLS FARGO PRESS RELEASES/VIDEO & RELATED MATERIALS; (2) *2/6/2012 Press Release: Occupy Takes On Wells Fargo at*; (3) 8 Challenges Presented by Occupy Activists to Wells Fargo; (4) RELATED BULLETIN BOARD
01/02/12 - 5,000 to 7,000 OTRP Occupiers participated in "We the People" Parade Procession, well in excess of OTRP's original best case estimate of 2,000 to 4,000!
(A) CBS news on OTRP( 2:40 min); (B) KTLA news link (2 minutes);(C) America's Two Constitutions -- OTRP Procession (1:40 min); (D) Guido Corleone and the Luminaries @ OTRP "Let's Talk About Occupy" (3 min rap video); (E)Laura Love @ OTRP - "We Shall Not be Moved" ; (F) OTRP - "Revolutionary Changes" coming (7 min)
Great article on OTRP & the passion & dedicaion of the volunteer activists who made Occupy The Rose Parade a reality for tens of millions: http://www.inspiredprojectteams.com/?p=1841
OCCUPY THE ROSE PARADE ~ Photos (via M. Chickey) PART 1 : http://gallery.me.com/capochic1111#105374
OTRP ~ Photos (via M. Chickey) PART 2 : http://gallery.me.com/capochic1111#105363
Mike's photos are truly excellent. They give one a real feel for the exhilirating feeling experienced by the people involved in the actual OTRP People's Parade procession.
(1) Insight Out News (Margot Paez)' Highquality video Livestream archive -- starts from the initial Singer Park setup (7:30 am, Monday, Jan 2, 2012):
Two Other Videoclip Links & 1 Photo slideshow-->: (1) Videoclip from corner as march turned into City Hall. About 60% of key OTRP visuals; (2) Walking through OTRP march from start to back. (3) Also --> Steve Goldsmith's Slide Show of OTRP (Jan 2, 2012)
(1) First raw KTLA Videoclip in from 01/02/12 People's Parade-- more to come; (2) AP News Story (01/02/12); (3) Reuters 01/02/12 Story; (4) 01/02/12 article re OTRP Protesters unfurling -- concurrent with Wells Fargo Float -- a "Stop Foreclosures"/"Occupy" double-banner setup from Bleachers before Police Take Away; (5) LA Times 01/03/12 Article on OTRP visuals.
Occupy The Rose Parade -- post People's Parade Press Conference & People's Rally/Concert (11am - 2pm); Above Photo Credit: Sean McDuffee, Occupy Redlands
ABOVE ARE POST-OTRP PHOTO/VIDEO & MISC. ARTICLE LINKS. BELOW IS THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE PRIOR TO JAN 2, 2012.
Photo of Occupy OTRP Volunteers - Thurs, 12/29/11 rehearsal at Singer Park.
Main Outreach Handout (20,000 copies distributed along Colorado Blvd on Jan 1 & 2 by OTRP Volunteers): Dec. 6, 2011 - L.A. City Hall's Unanimously Passed Anti-Corporate Personhood Resolution & Call for a Constitutional Amendment (2 pgs)
Please bring your own Occupy themed & Very Large Signs/Banners for the cameras/reporters on-site. Ideally the signs should be 4 ft X 10 ft or larger -- Black Text on White background or White Text on Black background works best.
(1) Corporate Money Out of Politics Now! (2) Stop Foreclosures! ; (3) End Corporate Personhood; (4) We are the 99% (5) OCCUPY! (6) Jail Wall Street Criminals (7) Reverse Citizens United; (8) Bring Back Glass Steagall Act.
(2)(a) *OTRP Video Promo (5 min)* ; (b) NBC OTRP Promo videoclip (Dec. 30 2011) ; (c) 2011 KTLA Rose Parade Video
(3) Dec. 6, 2011 - L.A. City Hall's Unanimously Passed Anti-Corporate Personhood Resolution & Call for a Constitutional amendment (2 pgs)
"We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize." ― Thich Nhat Hanh
"Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it." - Bertolt Brecht
THE WHO: You, Ellen Brown (Web of Debt & Public Banking advocate), Daniel Wayne Lee (Move To Amend Co-Chair), Marcy Winograd, Cindy Sheehan, Michelle Shocked, & other nationally recognized Occupy activists and their supporters. Why? To spotlight a dysfunctional system & growing Economic & Social Justice concerns that have reached crisis proportions.
Sunday -- "The People's New Year's Day Summit": New Year's Day People's Summit: Forum on Economic & Social Justice & Celebration of A New Era
Time/Location/Subjects: 3-6pm on Sunday, Jan 1st, 2012 at ALL SAINTS CHURCH IN PASADENA-- 132 North Euclid on the West Lawn and/or in the Sanctuary of the church, directly across from the East Steps of Pasadena's City Hall. Event combines a Teach In style forum on the topics of (1) The U.S. Foreclosure crisis, (2) Corporations aren't People (Corporate Personhood issue), & (3) The Return to Publicly Funded elections with a family friendly celebration featuring music, poetry & art.
Monday, Jan 2, 2012-- "The People's Parade" @ 7am: OWS "Human Float" (#44) and "We are the 99%" float (#99) - Coordinators : Pasadena Activist David Cutter (firstname.lastname@example.org; Tele: 626.260.1615) & Artists Janet & Matt Driggs (email@example.com; Tele: 213.300.1421).
With respect to OWS Human Float #44, please note this will require you to bring large banners/signs and to sign up via our listserve (see below. There will be 43 floats prior to OWS' float. Float # 44/#99 will be our float with visual displays including a 250 foot "We the People" U.S. Constitution, a 50 foot "We The Corporations" version, a giant "Goldie Sachs" Wheel of Fortune exhibit, a Wall Street "Occupy The Octopus" (Occupy The Vampire Squid) representing Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and Citibank (i.e. Wall Street) and much more. // "OCCUPY THE OCTOPUS" (70 FT BY 40 FT) AT LA CITY HALL - CLICK HERE
THE WHY: "If not Now, then When. If not Us, then Whom?" : Americans are at the pyramid top of a system engineered and manipulated by international bankers, an unprecedented out-of-control military industrial congressional complex & the global proxy agents of that very same complex (see, e.g., the $2.3 TRILLION missing money / Donald Rumsfeld clip in the right column). People around the world are fed up with Bankers' greed & pyramid top ponzi-schemes that have primarily benefited the 1%. Also, because "Everything is Not Coming Up Roses" for the vast majority of Americans as well as most of the world's population. There has been no meaningful Wall Street accountability or reform for the unprecedented dot-coma and Real Estate Ponzi schemes of the last decade.
Why? Because of a social engineering pyramid-top system that has spun out of control 1% of Americans now own 43% of America's total wealth -- up from ownership of 18% in 1980 (pre-Reagan/Thatcher). The same 1% control 56% of U.S. Financial Wealth. The U.S. Congress is now completely brought and paid for by universal banks such as Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Citibank and Chase. New York & London/European banks & their holding companies' effectively control all major media. Increasingly, the public is spoonfed lies and distractions daily.
America's superrich are also being protected via a devalued dollar and a de facto printing money policy (QE1 & QE2) that has worked to create phantom earnings for Wall Street bankers and the Fortune 500 they own and represent. The costs have been to Social Services (Education, Health Care) which are being cut everywhere and future generations of taxpayers (our children). Further, corporate & capital gains taxes have been generally left untouched (they currently stand at 15%, down from 25%+ pre-9/11) and the 1% that own 56% of U.S. finanical wealth have benefited enormously.
Also: Because 1% of the world's population owns & controls 80% of global wealth and because an estimated 20,000 people starve to death globally EVERY SINGLE DAY. Our so-called elected leaders are really just Wall Street and New York/London money center puppets manipulated by DC's highly paid 3,000 financial lobbyists. Because a highly concentrated media now regularly lies to Americans and 'spins' issues in favor of the national and global 1%.
Click Here for Ratigan Text Excerpt
OCCUPY's FIVE PRIMARY DEMANDS:
(1) Take Corporate Money out of Politics: (A) Reverse Chief Justice Roberts & Supreme Court "Citizens United" ruling; (B) Continue with immediate congressional action to ban Corporate Money from all U.S. federal & state office elections; and
(2) Reinstitution of the 1930s "Glass Steagal" wall that separated investment and commercial banking functions (no universal banks); and
(3) Profit disgorgement & punitive actions (PRISON) for the CEOs & banks that benefited from the dot-coma & real estate ponzi schemes of 1998-2008; and
(4) Immediately restore the Capital Gains' post 9/11's 15% tax level to pre-G.W. Bush era (i.e. 30%; Capital Gains Tax rate was 49% late '60s); and
(5) Immediate Foreclosure Relief for Americans with provisions for tangible asset equity drawdowns for major banks which unfairly structured loan provisions during the 2000-2008 time period, especially Bank of America (owner of Countrywide's mortgage asset portfolio) and Citibank.